Black Girl Makeup Artist in it’s important that your makeup look its absolute best for your wedding day. Whether you plan to marry on a beach at noon or at night under the stars, by keep your makeup simple you will look and feel great. You don’t want to much, nor too little, a natural look is very important. Looking For Makeup Artist this is not the time to be experimenting with new looks. Your makeup should enhance your beauty not hide it. Here are some tips to help with you achieve your perfect bridal makeup:
- If you are having a facial done, make sure it is at least two weeks prior to your wedding.
- If your skin is prone to breakouts, see your dermatologist 3 or 4 months before your wedding
- Staying hydrated is important to keeping you looking refreshed. Drinking lots of water will also flush out impurities from the skin.
- Eyebrows should be shaped 5-7 days before the wedding. Be sure not to pluck on your wedding day because you could land up with unattractive red bumps that are difficult to cover.
- On your wedding day blend your makeup well and let set. You do not need extra makeup to please the camera – that’s a myth.
- Choose a lipstick that lasts. Apply just prior to walking down the isle. Go easy on the lip liner. Be sure to check that you don’t have lipstick on your teeth.
- Line and fill mouth with a neutral pencil to make lipstick stay on longer.
- To lengthen wearing time of your lipstick, apply a light layer of powder over your lipstick then apply another layer of lipstick
- If you are doing your own makeup, see a beauty consultant and purchase your make up at least 3 months in advance. Then practice until you’ve got the perfect makeup.
- Waterproof mascara is a great idea just incase you get a little weepy.
- A very light application of facial powder will set your makeup and reduce
- Keep your powder, mascara, and lipstick in your purse so you can freshen up at a moments notice.
- If you discover that dreaded pimple on your wedding day, do not squeeze it! Just apply a drop of visene to get the red out, cover with concealer, and apply foundation.
- Wear a button shirt when applying your makeup so you don’t mess up your makeup. When slipping into your gown put a towel over your face so you don’t get makeup on your wedding dress.
- Avoid glittery or dewy looks – these are not very receptive for photographs and you may come out looking greasy
- If your wedding is outside be sure to apply sunscreen first
- Water based foundation looks most natural in photos
- For eye contouring, apply a dark but neutral in the crease of the eye. You can line the upper and lower lids (optional) with brown or grey shadow, smudging the outer corners
- If you need to make your eyes look wider or brighter, use a white pencil to line the inside of the lower lids.
- Don’t get too much sun before your wedding. Sunburns, peeling skin and tan lines can sabotage your special day.
- Make certain your wedding photographer is “not” using grainy film, because no matter how good your makeup is, with grainy film it will not look good
- Make sure your wedding photographer is using high quality film so your photos do your wedding makeup justice
- For your makeup to look good in your photos, it must be completely matte and in neutral tones, brides usually prefer a little color. Pastels look soft and pretty, but avoid glitter, shimmer and frosted eyeshadows.
- Shine is the #1 enemy for photos.
- Don’t apply white or black eye shadow
- Olive complexions should not use gray shades
- Pale complexions should not use vibrant colors.
The Duties of a Makeup Artist
To relieve stress you can have a makeup artist do your wedding day makeup. Makeup & Hair Artist if you enjoy doing your own makeup but need some more tips, visit a makeup consultant.
It’s your day! You are going to look absolutely beautiful!
Black Girl Makeup Artist in ?
Makeup is essential in women life. It is must for every woman. The breed of women is of many types like short, tall, slim, fat or extra slim. Skin color also varies like white, whitish, toned or black. The variety list may go long but one thing is common and that is every woman needs makeup. So the question arises, do all the woman needs same type of make or something else. While application of makeup is concerned, it widely varies according to skin color and body type. So what type of make suits to a given skin color is a definite requirement to know. So come on black beauties and know how to do your makeup to be street smart and gorgeous. The secret of you black beauties lies in the selection of shades, so it is best advisable for you to know about undertone found in dark skin. You also will need well hydrated skin to apply some makeup. Here goes the to make your skin beautiful and healthy. Any black object is a good absorber of light and radiation and hence the good reflector also. Since your skin is dark it will also behave in the similar manner, thats why dark skin seems oily, even though it may not. Because of your skin color, you will need to avoid creamy foundations and choose from liquid foundations or water based foundation. You must choose the foundation, the shade of which is lighter than your skin tone. It would be better, if you will find the foundation color closer to the color of your skin. Apply foundation and powder lightly, because dark skin reveal the layers of makeup more than any other type of skin, say fair skin etc. You should blend the foundation well. To do blending properly add a drop of water to the foundation. Do mixing and then apply. Check for the effect in daytime. After applying the foundation, try on a little baby powder. This will give your skin the necessary luster. Do not use too much powder and always dust of the extra powder. Choose the colors like coral, rose, deep orange for your blush. Peachy shades and browns are a complete no no for you. If you have extremely dark skin tone, rose pink color will make your day, however for nights, choose shades of bronze, plum and wine. To give luster to your skin tone, blend the blusher well over your cheekbones. A touch of golden color will make you dark skinned glamorous and gorgeous on special occasions. You can apply golden at your temples and corners of your eyebrows. If you want to use eyeshades, prefer soft brown with a darker brick brown. Say no to light colors and whites. For upper eyelids, use light brown. In the tuck of eyelid, use dark brown and drag it slightly outward. This will give depth to your eyes. If you want to try on more color, choose from dark blue, wine or purple eyeshades to line your eyes, closer to the eyelashes. You also can line the eyelids with dark blue, dark grey, wine or purple color. Do softening of the lines with a soggy brush or with a sponge tipped applicator. Outline the eyes with kaajal using kaajal pencil. Kaajal makes your eyes appealing and cool and this will extremely good on Asians and especially Indian women. You also can do Mascara to thicken the eyelashes. Mascara will give glamorous look to you. For your lipstick choose colors like copper, bronze, dark red, wine and burgundy. You can use a single color or a blend of two colors according to your skin color. For nighttime use darker colors. Do not use lipstick in excess. It will be good, if your lip color will match to your nail colors. Try to maintain a balance between your eyes and lip color so that one does not look heavy on other. Proper balance and color blending is important for color makeup. It is as equally important as your clothing. So that if you are a dark skinned beauty, tries on your makeup as discussed above. After all brown is beautiful.
Becoming a Makeup Artist
Before considering a career as a makeup artist, you must do field research. That's the primary way to avoid pitfalls. Is there room in your geographical area for another makeup artist? What is the competition like? Are you willing to travel for, say, a wedding? How far? Is your car dependable? If you don't want to travel, is your city big enough for you to get the client base you need?Also get the scoop on pay in your area. It will vary, even in one town, depending on your clientele. Working for a wedding planner, you will make more than working for a mall photography shop. Find out what the highest and lowest income opportunities are.Freelance or Corporate: Perks and PitfallsIf your research gives you a green light, the next step is to decide between the freelance life and the employee life.Working for a company, perhaps being a sales rep for your favorite cosmetics brand, or being the on-call makeup artist for a film production company, you can count on a regular paycheck and perhaps even benefits.Joining the growing group of freelancers, you'll need to spend at least 50% of your work day on marketing yourself.LicensingIn either case - freelance or corporate - the next step is to become accredited.Get the information on the legal, health, and educational certification required by your state, county, or town. Take classes from an accredited beauty school (many have generous scholarship programs).How to Get WorkNow you're ready for the most critical part of becoming a professional makeup artist: marketing yourself.If you want to work for a company, you can send resumes to spas, beauty salons, and specific cosmetic companies. Once you get a job, you are on your way to a career. You can make contacts, work your way up in the organization, acquire mentors, and get that most magical benefit of all - experience. If you get a job with a specific cosmetic company, they may require you to take additional classes focusing on their products. Usually they will pay for that.The other requirement of being a freelancer is that you'll have to stock your own makeup kit. This is an investment, and if you make money, chances are you'll be able to deduct the costs of your cosmetics.Many women are going "green" these days, so be sure your makeup kit is filled with earth-friendly, skin-friendly, and non-animal tested products. If you want to specialize and use only vegan products, you could use that as a compelling marketing tool.Being "known" for a unique niche is also a great way to catch business. You could specialize in makeovers, anti-aging looks, head shots for actors (although many actors prefer to do their own makeup), or runway and catalog makeup for models.Whether you apply to work for a company or go freelance, remember: there is no guarantee that you will immediately earn enough money to live on. Go into the process with enough money saved up to keep you in the black for at least six to twelve months. And decide ahead of time how long you're willing to go without clients. Market your services with an organized plan, and be persistent.Going into the makeup artist business can be an awesome life change - financially and emotionally. Do it with care, do it with intelligence, do it with a plan - and you could be living your dream.